Name: Cosmetex 2019
Host: Australian College of Cosmetic Surgery (ACCS)
Date: Friday, 5 – Saturday, 6 April 2019
Venue: Hilton Sydney
Exhibition Booths: 22
The Australian College of Cosmetic Surgery (ACCS) was established in 1999 as a multi-disciplinary body consisting of general surgeons, plastic surgeons, dermatologists, ear nose and throat surgeons, opthalmologists and other doctors who were already specialising in cosmetic surgery. ACCS is the only group in Australia with a single focus on cosmetic surgery and medicine and is the only one which offers formal training and accreditation in cosmetic medicine and surgery.
ABOUT THE CONFERENCE
The annual conference brings together cosmetic and plastic surgeons, dermatologists, cosmetic physicians, nurses and other cosmetic health practitioners and industry suppliers, to one of the world’s most important meetings in the specialty area of cosmetic medical practice.
The objectives of the conference were achieved by ensuring a comprehensive and well-planned program was established using a variety of mediums, these included:
- Two-day surgical and non-surgical program
- Welcome networking function
- Live demonstration workshops
- AGM and Specialised Group Meetings
- Legal panel and Q&A sessions
THE ROLE OF ICE AUSTRALIA
ICE Australia has a long-standing relationship with ACCS, first appointed to manage the 2009 conference in Sydney. Over the past 11 years, ICE Australia has worked closely with the ACCS formulating strategies to achieve not only their conference goals but also the objectives of the College, including increased memberships and long-term sponsor relationships.
Cosmetex faced increasing market competition with the entry of new competitors. A competitive analysis was conducted to compare price and product offerings. In doing so the conference held market share by implementing the following:
- A robust scientific program catering for the broader industry: medical practitioners and practice managers.
- Targeted marketing strategy for the different program segments.
- There was a fantastic onsite response to the new program structure, with highly-attended sessions through to the last afternoon.
- Advanced Cosmeceuticals
- Age Delay
- Aussie Medi Tech
- Australian College of Cosmetic Surgery
- Croma Australia
- Cryomed Aesthetics
- Derma Aesthetics
- Emagin Pty Ltd
- High Tech Medical
- Incredible Marketing
- Innovative Medical Technologies
- Merz Australia
- Precise Medical
- Silk Laser
- Therapeutic Goods Administration