Name: ANZSGM Annual Scientific Meeting 2019
Host: Australian and New Zealand Society for Geriatric Medicine (ANZSGM)
Date: Monday, 13 – Wednesday, 15 May 2019
Venue: Adelaide Convention Centre
Exhibition Booths: 15
Keynote Speakers: 2
ANZSGM is the professional society for geriatricians and other medical practitioners with an interest in medical care of older people. The society acts to represent the needs of its members and the wider community in a bid to constantly review and improve the care of older people in Australia and New Zealand. Its major functions are around education, policy development and review, and political advocacy.
Membership of the society is open to registered medical practitioners who demonstrate a commitment to clinical practice, research, education and administration in Geriatric Medicine and allied specialties and to those undergoing training in these fields.
ABOUT THE CONFERENCE
The Annual Scientific Meeting has been consistently well-attended for over 20 years in cities throughout Australia and New Zealand. The 2019 Annual Scientific Meeting provided a tremendous opportunity for corporate partners and allied healthcare organisations to connect with key group of medical specialists.
The scientific programme featured international speakers as well as national leading experts in Geriatric Medicine. Plenary and breakout sessions showcased Australian research and innovation. Breakfast and lunch sessions, pre-conference workshops, and guided poster tours were offered over the comprehensive three-day conference.
A Welcome Reception was held onsite at the Adelaide Convention Centre while the Conference Dinner was held at the iconic Adelaide Oval.
THE ROLE OF ICE AUSTRALIA
ICE Australia have been working with ANZSGM since 2015 to manage all aspects of their annual conferences in Australia. The scope of management includes venue and budget management, supplier liaison, partnership and exhibition sales and logistics and delegate services.
Monthly meetings were attended by ICE Australia and the Organising Committee with ICE Australia providing progress reports on the different elements of the conference planning process.
- The final budget exceeded its surplus target by 70%.
- 91% of survey respondents indicated their expectations were exceeded while 96% would recommend the conference to their colleagues.
- Over 98% of those surveyed were satisfied with the onsite administration.
- This was the first year that ICE Australia managed the Advanced Trainee Day which was previously managed by ANZSGM. This year also recorded the highest number so far of registered attendees at the Advanced Trainee Day.
- 1st World Congress on Falls and Postural Stability 2019
- Abbvie Pty Ltd
- Amgen Australia
- Australian Association of Gerontology
- Australian Medicines Handbook
- Bayer Australia
- Royal Australasian College of Physicians
- Stada Pharmaceuticals Australia
- UCB Australia P/L