Event Name: Environmental Engineering & Sustainability (EES) National Conference
Venue: Power House Museum
No. of Conference Delegates: 200
Abstract Submitted: 1000
Keynote Speakers: 2
No. of Sponsors: 10
No. of Exhibitors: 10
The Client & Target Audience:
The Environmental Engineering Society is a society of Engineers Australia. It has a long history and has a rapidly growing membership of over 1000 members across Australia.
The target audience is those practising environmental engineering involving all areas of professional engineering and technology practice.
The aims of this conference are to satisfy the needs of the society's objectives. These include:
- Promote professional ethics through adherence to the Environmental Principles for Engineers;
- Promote national excellence in the practice of environmental engineering;
- Promote participation in, and contribution to, activities of the Society;
- Provide a focus and co-ordinating mechanism for professional society functions concerning research, education, and information dissemination in environmental engineering;
- Facilitate active participation from other professions;
- Communicate knowledge about environmental engineering with, and to
- Promote collaboration between, members, organisations and other societies;
- Provide expert advice to the Institution, Government, industry and the community;
- Set guidelines and standards for incorporation of sustainability principles into engineering eduction and professional practice; and
- Influence community, corporate and regulatory attitudes and practices in relation to sustainability.
The Role of ICE:
The conference committee is made up of 10 professionals from the Sydney Chapter, who have volunteered their time. Their main focus has been on the technical program.
ICE was contracted to professionally coordinate all aspects of the event, this included liaising with all service providers, sponsors, exhibitors and delegates to ensure a successful outcome was achieved.
The project planning process involved the construction of a detailed critical path to monitor, update and evaluate the event criteria. ICE reported monthly to the conference committee.
What our Client says:
"Your staff did an excellent job right from the first day that we appointed ICE as Professional Conference Organiser. We were particularly impressed with the "can do" attitude of your staff nothing was too much trouble for them."
David Gamble (Chair)